Supportive Keto Healthcare Providers


    Finding a doc who supports your uncommon ketogenic lifestyle can be a daunting task. Personally, I haven't found any providers near me, but there are some a couple of hours' drive away. At this time, my solution for maintaining the peace between my family-practice doc and myself, is to agree to disagree about our understanding of the cardiac risk level while consuming a ketogenic diet. My elevated LDL and total cholesterol numbers, paired with fabulously low triglycerides have him scratching his head and begging me to take a statin. I will not. I could drop him, move my healthcare to an out-of-area option and pay cash, but what will he have learned? That I was that cuckoo, Dr. Google, YouTube-following, know-it-all patient that he doesn't have to deal with anymore? That solves nothing. So I stay, and so does my hubby. It's our goal to at least help him question what he has been taught to be "true". Even Dr. Charlie is aware that docs continue to learn very little about nutrition in medical school (at least here in the US). He was taught to diagnose disease and treat those symptoms, not to actually prevent disease itself, in many aspects. Also, much of what our healthcare providers learn as hard cold fact in school, becomes outdated and remarkably incorrect as science/physiology/biology naturally progresses.
    If you've made the choice to change up your healthcare team, this list may help point you in a fresh direction. These links are dynamic and subject to revision and deletion by those who have provided the information.
    Best of luck on your quest for better health!! ❤️


~Cyndy
Your Keto Health Coach ™

Comments

Popular Posts